OTHER THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Many trout streams are overgrown and are difficult to gain access to. Make sure not to damage vegetation or riverbanks while trying to gain access.
- Additionally, some trout streams meander through private property, seek permission from the property owners prior to accessing these waters
- Consider other freshwater fishers when choosing a spot to fish, avoid crowding a location
- WA is home to many venomous snakes, overgrown wet areas are favourable to tiger snakes
- Razor grass and blackberries are prolific around some southwest waterways. Make yourself familiar with what they look like and avoid them if possible, as both can cause painful injuries.
- Wear protective clothing – long sleeve shirt, long pants, enclosed footwear along with a hat and sunscreen.
- Carry enough water if you intend to cover long distances