8. TAKING CARE WHEN BOATING AND ANCHORING TO AVOID DAMAGE TO WILDLIFE AND HABITAT
• Showing care when boating and anchoring, particularly around reef or seagrass areas
• Avoiding disturbance to wildlife by excessive noise or harassment
• Keeping a constant vigil when boating to avoid collisions with wildlife
• Refuelling on land wherever possible and not discharging wastes, oil or sewage into the water
• Taking care with your boating speed to minimise erosion of riverbanks and shorelines from wave action
• Avoiding modification of or disturbance to fish habitat while boating and fishing.