7. PREVENTING POLLUTION AND PROTECTING WILDLIFE BY REMOVING RUBBISH
Pollution affects the health of the environment and spoils our experience of the outdoors. Protecting the environment means:
- Taking all rubbish away from fishing sites including: discarded fishing line, hooks, plastic bags, bottles, six-pack holders and all other packaging.
- Disposing of all items correctly to avoid potential hazards to fauna
- Appropriately disposing of pest species such as Carp, Tilapia, Salvinia weed, Caulerpa weed, Mimosa weed
- Not leaving unused bait to foul rock platforms, river banks or beaches
- Not flushing rubbish, chemicals or other waste into stormwater systems.
- Participating where possible in environmental programs such as “Clean up Australia”.