13. OBTAINING PERMISSION FROM LANDHOLDERS AND TRADITIONAL OWNERS BEFORE ENTERING THEIR LAND
Having access to land held in trust by landholders and traditional owners is a privilege, not a right. Respecting the rights of others means:
• Gaining permission before entering land or waterways to fish and clearly indicating where you are going
• Recognising and respecting the cultural and spiritual attachment indigenous people have for their land and water• Complying with all State and Territory fire regulations
• Avoiding any interference with farmland, stock or crops
• Leaving all gates as they were found
• Leaving guns and dogs at home to avoid harming or harassing livestock or wildlife.
• Always leaving an area as it was found