12. PRACTISING COURTESY TOWARDS ALL THOSE WHO USE INLAND AND COASTAL WATERS
Our waterways are used for a variety of purposes. By recognising the rights of others to use the waters for their recreation and livelihood, recreational fishers help ensure that all are equally able to enjoy their activities.
Respecting the rights of others means:
• Being courteous to other users and those whose communities we enter when fishing
• Avoiding crowding other anglers
• Preparing boats and trailers before launching at boat ramps to avoid delays and queues
• Respecting commercial fishers’ rights to fish legally