11. AVOIDING UNNECESSARY INTERACTIONS WITH WILDLIFE SPECIES AND THEIR HABITATS
While fishing and accessing fishing grounds it is possible to inadvertently disturb the habitats of wildlife species or disturb the species themselves. Avoiding interactions with wildlife species means:
• Being aware of and avoiding disturbance to protected or threatened species that inhabit areas you intend to fish• Observing and obeying signage or guidelines regarding threatened species, marine mammals, birds etc
• Complying with guidelines regarding activities in the vicinity of marine mammals
• Reporting any inappropriate behaviour which may affect threatened species
• Reporting sightings of threatened species in distress
• Quickly and carefully returning to the environment any inadvertently caught threatened species, eg seabirds.