Do I need an approval?

You don’t need a permit to fish recreationally in Australian Marine Parks, however you do need to comply with the relevant state and territory recreational fishing rules and regulations, including species, bag and size limits, seasonal closures, gear restrictions and licence requirements.

A permit is required to fish recreationally in the Recreational Use Zone at Elizabeth Reef (Lord Howe Island).

You can find the recreational fishing rules for the states and territories on their websites:

Log In