10. REPORTING ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE
Protection of the environment is everyone’s responsibility. By reporting pollution problems to the relevant authorities, we help ensure that our waters are pollutant free and discourage practices that destroy fish habitat.
Reporting environmental damage means:
• Reporting any fuel or oil spills
• Reporting all fish kills
• Reporting all stranded or dead aquatic animals and protected species
• Reporting any signs of pollution or run-off that may impact on the aquatic environment
• Reporting any unusual vegetation or stream damage, e.g. algal blooms, habitat destruction etc.
• Reporting sightings of aquatic pest species such as Carp, Tilapia, Salvinia weed, Caulerpa weed, Mimosa weed.